Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 380

Thread: How Was Today?

  1. #151
    Inactive Member Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Chloe for the thoughts. Sometimes life tosses you a curve ball and it's up to you to swing or not, I have choosen to swing....*L*

    My doctor wanted me permantly disabled with my health problems and signed the papers a couple years ago. But the lovely social security department turned down the claim. I know I could have fought with appeals but for what? To get $540. a mth to live on? And the state of Florida has me on medical with me paying a $750. a mth deductable that is not rolled over.

    With much consideration and thought I begged my doctor to allow me to work but he put conditions on me to do so. I have to carry both inhalers at all times, and no lysol cleaners (prior workplace cleaned the walls with this lovely cleaner and it has my lung capacity at 60%, this is more common than people reliese, that many in the medical community develop chemical sensitivity and I am one of them) can I be around. Legs have to be bandaged when I the phlebitis forms in both legs. But it could be worse, some people have no legs to walk on or are in worse shape than I am. I thank God I am able to do what I can and deal the best I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Thank goodness I have a great Doc because for the last 3 years my meds have been samples to keep me alive and for that I am very thankful. So as you can see I ran with the curve and the lemons and made lemonaide *smiles* and will continue to do so as long as I am able..

    *hugs* [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #152
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *huggs pickles tight*..... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    ....grrr... my boss is NOT allowed to go on vacation anymore... i feel like i've been dragged through the mud already today, and the day just started... *L*.... i was getting phone calls from work before i could even get in the door this morning... lol... *hangs on tight*... i think today is gonna be a ride...

  3. #153
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PIckles.......-hugs-!!!! You are right...you're strong..and those that choose to live...come out smiling in the end....

    BUT!...Isn't a great dr...such a good help. I know in my MOms case, her sample meds shaved off several hundred dollars a month of prescription costs. Money she didn't have to begin w/. Soo... for that im thankful.

    Rogue...hope your day stays bright [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

  4. #154
    Inactive Member Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Chloe,

    I posted this prior on another board but I think this may help your Mom out along with many others dealing with the cost of medicine.

    I got this off the Montel Williams show it is for $5.00 rx up to a 90 days supply. All you have to do is have your Doctor fill out what medication is needed and dosage, sign the form and send it in with the $5.00 per script. The rx will either be sent to your home or your doctors office.

    I sent for the forms and they are a blessing for those of us that need meds. I hope this helps your Mom out and others. *hugs* [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    http://www.freemedicinefoundation.co...FRN7NAod8QLnOg

    1-573-996-3333

  5. #155
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been without my diabetic & bllod pressure meds for about 2 weeks, but the local community charity (the Tree Of Lights) are going to help me get my meds. I am looking for a new lawyer for my disability claim.

    I feel lucky that I am able to walk a little bit every day and that I'm healthy enough to take care of myself.

    Pickles, you were a great help when I needed it and I am so proud of you for sharing the information that you have discovered.

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #156
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yesterday was pretty good chloe...*hugggs* thanks for the good wishes.... [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    today is not quite as uneventful, though... nothing major, but i had some unpleasant unfinished business to take care of... loose ends to be tied up... not the happiest of tasks, but necessary... *steals hugs*....

  7. #157
    Inactive Member Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was my pleasure Rog, for I have been truly blessed with angels in my life to share with others *hugs* I am so glad your able to get your meds soon.

    The one thing I have learned in life is never give up on mankind for they will shock you everytime. May it be with encouraging words,the geniune tenderness of caring, that special touch of kindness or unsaid words.

    Today was a day of reflection...

  8. #158
    HB Forum Owner Rogue Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *huggs pickles*... indeed... a day of reflection and self-realization... planning for the future... remembering the past... i have been walking around in a daze all day long, lost in my own world... *L*

  9. #159
    HB Forum Owner petenv's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,984
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A goofy day for me.

  10. #160
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    smooCH thank you pickles!!! My Mom's nursing home care is about 1o000 a month... with that...she blew thru her savings rather quickly and is now on medicare? so everything is paid for now....she's part of the state program i think .... but i wrote that number down because you knever know who might need that......


    ROgue..... [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] =gives hugs*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
haven for the fallen